Welcome to 2008 and to my blog. (Some of you may be visiting for the first time, I know!)
If you’ve come from Jacqueline Barbour’s blog, then you already know that I’m in the process of shutting down that blog in favor of this one. If you just happened by for other reasons, the scoop is that I used to have two pseudonyms, but I’m in the process of whittling that down to one: this one! But enough about that.
First, the news.
I am pleased and excited to announce that I’ve sold another novella to Cobblestone Press. This one, titled The Gospel of Love: According to Luke, is a first-person contemporary (yes, I know I need to work on that tagline, drat it!) erotic romance, which I expect to be released in June. It is the first in a quartet of novellas (and I’ll bet you can guess what the other three are called) that I hope will be finished and released in short succession after Luke. Here’s the blurb, which I hope entices you to want to read the rest:
Luke Finley, the eldest of four brothers, is a committed serial monogamist.He’s all for one woman at a time, but not one woman forever. He knows a lifetime of fidelity just isn’t in his genes. But when his latest girlfriend kicks him out–of his condo–the woman he’s always thought of as “one of the guys” turns
out to be the one woman who can rock his world and make him see the light.
Second, the Manuscript Mavens blog is a nominee in the Preditors and Editors Readers’ Poll. We’re hugely honored to have been nominated, but we’d love to win even more. So please, hop on over and vote!
And finally, I am scheduled to appear as an author-guest on The Spiced Tea Party blog tomorrow. I’m very excited about this opportunity and hope you’ll come visit me there. But even more, I want to give you an incentive to swing by the Tea Party as well as celebrate my sale and the Mavens’ nomination, so I have a little contest in store for you.
Here’s how the contest will work:
1. Comment on this post.
2. Visit us at the Manuscript Mavens blog any day this week and post a comment on any of our posts. (We are blogging our writing tips, so it’s a great week to drop by if you haven’t before.)
3. Visit me at The Spiced Tea Party and comment on my post there.
Anyone who manages to make comments in all three places between today and next Tuesday, January 15th, will be entered in a drawing to win one of the following three fabulous prize packages:
1. A $20 gift certificate to Amazon.com and a free copy of The Gospel of Love: According to Luke (which will be sent to you on release day, whenever that turns out to be).
2. A one-pound box of See’s Candy (chocolate…yum!) and a free copy of According to Luke.
3. Any three of the following books (some are signed by the authors, some are not) and a free copy of According to Luke.
- The Duke in Disguise, by Gayle Callen
- A Study in Scandal, by Robyn deHart
- The Rest Falls Away, by Colleen Gleason
- The Secret Passion of Simon Blackwell, by Samantha James
- Spell of the Highlander, by Karen Marie Moning
- On the Way to the Wedding, by Julia Quinn
- From London with Love, by Jenna Petersen
- Bite Me If You Can, by Lynsay Sands
Now, how can you resist an offer like that? Go forth and comment. I’ll draw and announce the winners next Tuesday
And happy 2008 to everyone!