Okay, I’m not really leaving or anything drastic like that (just in case you were terrified at the prospect of never reading another one of my posts, lol), but I AM going to be taking a hiatus from my regular blogging schedule from tomorrow until Epiphany. That doesn’t mean there won’t be new content on the blog, but instead of my musings about writing, publishing, and my other little nuggets of wisdom (I use the term loosely), I’ve got something a little more fun in store for you. I’ll let you in on that tomorrow :).
But first, I want to do my “thanks for all the books” piece. Lots of folks have been posting their favorite books of 2009 recently, and although I’m no book reviewer and have no intention of becoming one, I wanted to thank the following authors for providing me with some of the best books I’ve read this year (or any year). Titles are listed in alphabetical order by author, so don’t think of this as a list with rankings, because it’s not!
- Ann Aguirre for Blue Diablo
- Liz Carlyle for Wicked All Night
- Victoria Dahl for Start Me Up
- Tessa Dare for Surrender of a Siren
- Margaret Mallory for Knight of Desire
- Courtney Milan for This Wicked Gift
- Amie Stuart for Hittin’ It
- Scott Westerfeld for Uglies (which didn’t come out this year, but…)
So, to all those authors, you made my year. Thanks for all the books and keep up the good work.